Monday, May 23, 2011

Our wall of scriptures

So, this past week - or month - has been really discouraging and disheartening in terms of being a parent. We really feel like the adoption (and therefore sealing) is quickly approaching, and Satan is trying his darndest to make it not happen. I don't know what it is, but the kids have just been especially unruly and argumentative and contentious, and many times lately I've found myself locked in my bedroom sobbing and and wondering what the @#*$ I was thinking taking on three kids at once. Well, we've put two and two together, and moving from defense to offense. We've really been slacking on the basics, namely scripture study, family prayer, and family home evening. No more! After a lot of hard work by my Cricut, I spoofed our wildly popular Hawaii countdown into our Book of Mormon countdown. Each cut-out in the picture represents one chapter of the Book of Mormon,]. After we read a chapter, one of the kids gets to take it down. The kids have LOVED taking down flowers for the Hawaii countdown, so I hope they're excited about this, too. Randy got to take the first one down today, and he was pretty excited. And with it right there in our dining room (good thing we rarely have visitors!), it will be a constant reminder for us to actually do it. Wish us luck! Day one, and we did FHE, scripture study, AND family prayer! Take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment