
I know I'm a little late sharing all this, but Randy's off in Alaska now. He's living with a couple of guys from our church, and moaning about having roommates again! The day he left, we had one last fun family outing to the Pacific Science Center. I must say, it was not as exciting at 29 as it was at 9. Isn't it funny what 20 years will do to ones' perspective? Anyway, we did the Science Center and dropped Papa off at the airport. We then went up to the top of the parking garage (cause of course we had to go around and around and around to the top!) and watched "his" airplane leave for Alaska. Incidentally, according to E, every plane we see now is "Papa's plane." Apparently he is permanently stuck in the sky. Along with the Holy Ghost, but that's another story. How are we surviving, you ask? One day at a time! We have good days and bad days. We laugh and we cry. I was helping my parents type up some letters my grandpa had written my grandma during... one of the wars, and I was hit by a wave of gratitude for Skype! And I was talking to my parents, and when they were engaged, my mom was in Texas and my dad was in Alaska, and it was $.40/minute to call each other! Thank goodness for cell phones! Having Randy gone has definitely shown us how much we love Randy, and what a rock he was in our family. We love you, Papa! We'll see you in six weeks!
We're going to miss all of you when you are gone. Yes, thank goodness for cell phones...and email, and facebook, and IM, and webcams....
ReplyDelete