Saturday, August 21, 2010

So I pretty much have the best neighbors in the world! During all this time of craziness without my husband, they've constantly been asking if there's anything they can do for us... and actually meaning it. Of course, being the stubborn girl I am, I say I'm doing fine, then cry in my bedroom at night. Haha! But do they care? Nope! They just keep on inviting us over for dinner, or roping me into chatting with them for an hour when the electricity's off, or just being good folks. Most recently, the husband, Greg, was out of town camping, so Tawny invited us to have a campfire and make s'mores with her and her son, Ethan. And what a great night! We roasted
the HUGE campfire marshmallows the have now, ate s'mores, and had fun watching the kids do... guess... get muddy! Thank you, Tawny, for being such a great neighbor and taking care of me even when I say I don't need it.

Here's R playing in the smoke. She was gracefully flapping her arms and saying she was angel. It took me a minute to figure it out, but finally I realized she was on a cloud of smoke being and angel. How cute is that?



I eventually got rakes and shovels, etc. out to eventually bury the fire. The kids took to this very quickly and started raking all the dirt and ashes into the pit. I thought they were just having fun and being helpful, until they thanked me for letting them make more fire. They apparently thought that since they were putting more stuff on the fire, it would burn longer. Oops!! Luckily neighbor Ethan started playing with the hose and pouring water in the fire. I think they thought that explained why the fire went out.


Of course, where there's water and dirt, I have trained the kids very well to make mud and get dirty. The only problem was the sun was setting and it was already a cooler day, and there was a bit of a breeze. But they stilled filled up their favorite mud hole and sat in it. They just covered themselves up with their favorite tarp. What you don't see in this picture is it shaking as E shivered uncontrollably. It was sooo funny. But did he want to come in? Nope! He did eventually come out with teeth chattering and stutter out, "Mama, I need a sweater." Haha! As he's dripping wet and covered in mud. What a sweet boy. At that point, I decided it was time to come in and put them in a hot shower.

Thanks, Tawny and Ethan, for coming over and taking care of us. You're definitely the best neighbors we've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment