Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring is definitely in the air up in Juneau. The snow is completely melted - except when you start getting up in the mountains. The Taku winds have died down (the crazy ones that blew Tony over this past winter and gave him quite the fright.) And the kids not go outside without crying! We had our first deer sighting! That was very exciting for the entire family. But not for the neighbors - their newly-planted flowers that have been sprouting were all eaten and pulled up. They seem to think it was a porcupine, but deer have been all around the house.

I'm sitting here with all the kids awake (Randy in the corner and Tony upstairs screaming his head off) knowing it's bedtime (an hour and a half ago) but we have to stay up to pick up papa! He's been in Anchorage for three out of the past four weeks, and he's finally done with his manager training with Jo-Ann Fabrics. Yea!! I'm glad he got to get out of Anchorage and learn about his job and spend some quality time with our friends, Mark and Kelly, and his sister, Em, but man am I ready to have him home! I am not cut out for single motherhood! I now fully understand why two is better than one. It's about time to get the kids ready for bed, then head off to the airport. So it's a short update, but hey! At least it's an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment