Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is this what they call nesting?

Drumroll please: The paperworks in Washington!!! Huzzah! Thank you, Carol, for all your hard work! What's next? At this point I throw my hands up and laugh (slightly hysterically) and say who the heck knows???

From an e-mail from the social worker: "We have to get approval through our state ICPC office as well as court approval to place the children out of state. Once the approval is given from those two entities then we can make arrangements to get the children placed in Alaska."

"But wait a minute," you (and I) exclaim. "Didn't we just get approval from the ICPC office by doing this entire boat-load of paperwork???" Apparently not. I guess this is just to show that we haven't miraculously turned into unfit parents since we've moved to Alaska. I guess it happens.

So, we've got an e-mail into one of the social workers asking for a timeline, which I'm certain will be followed up with an "I don't know." But you gotta ask, right?

The longer and longer we wait for the kids, and the closer and closer it seems to be getting, the more and more we keep fiddling with their rooms. I've never been pregnant, but I guess this is the adoptive equivalent of nesting. This week we've moved R upstairs and K downstairs. We threw away a mattress, are ordering a new one, have gotten new bookshelves and toys and clothes and keep arranging and rearranging their rooms and their decorations and their clothes and their everything. Yep, I think this is nesting. Ha! I never thought I'd go through this!

4 comments:

  1. Sooo close! Just a little bit longer! We're rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Praying you guys get the kids sooner rather than later! Would be cool to have them there with you for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all on pins and needles! Can't wait to "officially" add them to my niece and nephew tally list...not like I don't already! Love those chitlins and am amazed and humbled by your stick-to-it-ness. Keep pressing forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like nesting to me! I'm so glad that the paperwork is progressing! you guys have probably done an entire tree worth of paperwork! I can't imagine how anxious you are to have them home finally. What a blessing those kids are, I can't wait for them to make the trip home to you guys. We love you!

    ReplyDelete